Monday, July 23, 2012

Adventures in remodeling, well sort of...

We have this wall in our dining room, kitchen area that is/was basically a HUGE wasted space.  It is directly adjacent to the kitchen and had no purpose and was kind of awkward to decorate or really do anything with it.  So what I came up with was to put cabinets on the wall and make it sort of a built in.  After much figuring and measuring we found that the space will only fit cabinet uppers instead of base cabinets.  The space we have to work with was a whopping 12 inches deep for the cabinets and the top will be 14 inches. There are 3 double cabinets and one single cabinet to complete the whole wall.  The top right now is just ply wood which we will be covered in copper.  We will do a pentina and then clear coat it so it won't change. 

I am so excited about being able to decorate the new space.  There will be lots of Christmas and Fall decor going up in this area.  To start though we hung the old windows from the ceiling with a large guage wire and heavy duty hooks.  

I have my trusty Kitchen Aide Mixer on the side so it can be seen in all its glory.  I also have a set of old canisters I found at the Worlds Largest Yard Sale a few years ago that go nicely against the mushroom colored wall.


On the other side I have my Belle Meade Entertaining Stand which is one of my favorite Willow House pieces.  This is by no means the final decorations but I am just having too much fun mmving things around and see how it looks.  


Tomorrow my husband is picking up some wrought iron corbels with glass to use as shelving which will flank each side of the mirrors.  I can't wait to see what this will look like after we have them installed and have fun little trinkets up there.  




If you are interested in the Belle Meade Entertaining Stand check out the site and all the great decor they have.  Erin Tucker, Independent Willow House Design Consultant.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment