Friday, July 20, 2012

Dreaming of what my house could look like instead of what it does look like.

As I sit in my living room looking at the madness that is my house at this time, I can't help but dream of what it "could" look like.  That is said with a lot of tongue and cheek because life with a  2 year old doesn't exactly lend itself to having any kind of reason to why things are where they are.  As I was trying to straighten up the living room last night, which was riddled with little girls shoes and other various things, I got a glimpse into what my life really is like right now.  I'd take a few pairs of shoes and put them in the hallway in an orderly fashion and then return for the remainder of the shoes.  All the while the pitter patter of little feet followed me undoing each and every little thing I had just done.  Now don't get me wrong I am not complaining about those little bitty feet but I guess I hadn't really noticed before how hard it is to keep the house "clean" with her not far behind me.  

All that to say I day dream about what my house "could" look like.  My style is kind of eclectic but I do lean more towards traditional and country.  I like a bit of industrial in there as well.  The Willow house Annual Meeting or "WHAM" is going on in Atlanta right now and unfortunately I was not able to attend.  I do however, have lots of great fellow consultants who are there and sending GREAT pictures from the design showcase that the corporate designers have come up with for Fall/Winter 2012.  The pictures don't help my day dreaming problem, even a little bit.  

 How much fun are the vibrant colors?  Can you imagine these colors in your living room this Winter when its gloomy and colorless outside?  How easily would it transition into Spring as well!
The juxtaposition of the organic elements is just perfect! I love how they took a flower planter and used it as a light fixture.  The light is a Charles Street planter hung upside down!
 Frames are such a great way to highlight pieces that aren't necessarily photo's.  This is the Holiday Hanging Trio framed out as well as the Portico Accent Plates.  


 This shows the Charles Street Planter again but it used as a planter here but it is set on top of some old decorative wall brackets.  I love this look. 

 I love this kitchen.  The open shelving and country look are just perfect for my style.  Again, the stylists used planters (Odessa Planter available 7/24) as light fixtures.  The AMAZING new American Aristan Pottery by Tena Payne (available 7/24) is featured on the kitchen table. 
The Jackson Square Mirror hung on the diagonal adds great interest to this niche.  I also love the Lady Jane vase with branches and snow in the bottom it is winter but not too Christmasy so it can transition easily from holiday to just winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment